Terms & conditions
Terms and Conditions for booking with and staying at Suffolk Yurt Holidays (“Terms”) are set out below;
It is our aim to make your visit to our yurts a wonderful experience by which the terms enable us to maintain our standards, ensure your safety and establish a legal contract for booking, cancellation, damage and exceptional circumstances.
By making a booking with us, you confirm your acceptance of these Terms.
Suffolk Yurt Holidays is a limited company of which the address is Ufford Road, Bredfield, Woodbridge, United Kingdom IP13 6AR.
There is a health and safety policy within the office should you wish to read it and contains Risk Assessments for all elements on site
Rental of our Yurts
There is a minimum stay of 2 nights, and 3 nights over Bank Holiday weekends and in school holidays
Included in the rental price of every Yurt is:
Exclusive rental of the yurt and private area for your chosen dates and duration
Private covered seating area
Use of Travel Cot / High Chair / Baby Bath which are available upon request (please confirm your requirements at the time of booking)
Access and use of all the facilities on the site as follows;
Use of communal kitchen (including all cutlery / crockery / cooking equipment / private fridge / cupboard / appliances and external seating area
Toilet & shower facilities
Access to the play barn & retreat
Use of Bredfield tennis courts (subject to availability)
Use of bike storage
Use of laundry facilities (subject to additional cost)
Free Basket of Logs (Additional Baskets available at £7 per basket)
Free bag of BBQ charcoal (Additional bags available at £5 per bag)
We would permit visitors to our residents subject to prior agreement (all visitors must leave by 10pm to avoid disturbance to others)
We regret but are unable to accept any pets on our site
We may refuse any bookings, if we feel that accepting them may be of detriment to other guests staying, and do not accept noisy groups as we are not a party venue.
Please appreciate this is a family site and we try to retain and promote the peace and tranquillity of this place for all of our guests, particularly after 10 pm.
However, if the entire site is rented then noise levels will be at the discretion of the owners and in agreement with the lead person
All communal areas, such as the kitchen, covered eating area etc, must be kept clear and clean for the enjoyment of all Guests.
No food is to be left outside or in open bins as this attracts wildlife. Some of which is unwanted
Our Code of Conduct will apply to all persons whilst on our site. Failure by any person to adhere to Code of Conduct can lead to removal from the site without any refund being made.
Booking and Payment
We only accept bookings from persons over the age of 18.
Bookings for arrivals within the next 12 weeks can only be secured by payment in full either via the website or telephone
Bookings for arrivals beyond the next 6 weeks can be secured by a 10% deposit (via BACS), provided that the 90% balance is paid at least 4 weeks in advance of the arrival date. Any failure by you to pay the balance on time will entitle us to treat your booking as cancelled by you and follow our procedure for cancellations.
We accept deposit payment via our online booking system (Paypal) or by card over the telephone. Balance payments to be made by direct bank transfer which will be set out in the invoice sent 4 weeks prior to your stay
Extras required must be confirmed a maximum of 4 weeks prior to your stay
Changes to Your Booking
If, after confirmation of the booking you need to make changes, although we will always do our best, we are not obliged to satisfy these requests. Whether and to what extent these alterations will be accommodated is at our discretion and will incur a £10 administration cost.
If you need to cancel please let us know immediately so we can try and re resell your holiday.
In the current climate, if for any reason you cannot come on your holiday due to any circumstances beyond your control, we will refund your holiday in full or move your booking to another suitable and available date.
Your yurt is available from 2pm on the day of arrival.
If you wish to come prior to this, please contact us and we will get your yurt ready earlier for you. There is a charge of £20 for this service
When you arrive, please park sensibly in the parking area and knock at the stable door of the thatched cottage, we will give you your keys and a guided tour and introduction.
If you are unable to arrive before 6pm, please email in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone / text on 07976 613602
No arrivals will be permitted after dark
Please depart before 10 am
On departure, please check the yurt keys in with us. Any lost or un-returned keys will be charged at £15
If the Yurt or associated equipment is left in an improper or damaged condition, you will be responsible for reasonable additional cleaning and /or replacement costs. This will be notified to you as soon as possible after your departure
Lost property will be returned by post at your expense by request only. Any unclaimed property left behind will be kept until the end of the season and then disposed of.
We encourage you to talk to us if you have a complaint during the course of your stay, so that we can try to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
Privacy and Data Protection
In line with current GDPR regulations, by contracting with us you consent that we may process any personal data that you provide to us for the purpose of facilitating your stay. We have a strict policy of not transferring any personal data to any third-party organizations, but unless you opt out we reserve the right to contact you in the future in regards to Suffolk Yurt Holidays only
Our business is built on your reviews and is an essential part of peoples choosing process when booking a break. We would appreciate if you could leave a review with trip advisor following your stay. We will send and email following your stay with details of how to do this
Limitation of Liability
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy.
We hereby expressly exclude:
all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; and any liability for any indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user of this website, any person who makes a booking or any person who stays with us at Suffolk Yurt Holidays whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
We shall not be liable to you as a result of any delay or failure to perform our obligations under the Terms as a result of any act, event or accident (a Force Majeure Event).
A Force Majeure Event includes but is not limited to industrial disputes, failure of a utility service or transport network, an act of God, civil commotion or malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, the accident breakdown of plant or machinery, fire, flood, storm or default of suppliers or subcontractors.
No failure or delay by a party in exercising any right or remedy under the Terms or by law shall constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor preclude or restrict its further exercise of that or any other right.
If a court or any other competent authority finds that any provision of these Terms (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision shall, to the extent required, be deemed deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of the Terms shall not be affected.
A person who has not made a booking with us under these Terms shall not have any rights under or in connection with them.
Governing law and jurisdiction
These Terms, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them, the subject matter or formation of them (including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Code of Conduct
- Suffolk Yurt Holidays caters for family holidays. Sound travels a long distance in the countryside therefore no amplified music or other disruptive noise is a requirement of our planning consent. Please appreciate this is a quiet family site and try to retain and promote the peace and tranquillity of this place for our other Guests, particularly after 10 pm. If the entire site is rented then this will be at the discretion of the owners and in agreement with the lead person
- The bar and shop are there for your benefit, prices for drinks & ice creams are displayed and a daily tick sheet for what you have taken which must be completed. This will be tallied up for payment at the end of your stay.
- The pizza oven is to be used only by the owners, the days on which pizzas are available to be purchased will be displayed on the blackboard and communicated verbally
- Please behave responsibly and keep fires small and manageable in the stoves, BBQs and the communal firepit.
- Clear the area around any wood burning stove so it is free from combustible materials that are in danger of ignition by direct or conducted heat. A fireguard is provided in each Yurt.
- Please do not use candles or any other naked flames within the yurts .
- Remove any ash from the wood burning stove daily using the metal ash bucket, and empty the ash dampened with water in the metal ash bin by the outside tap north of the kitchen.
- The vents of the wood burning stove need to be closed when unattended or when you retire for the evening.
- There is a fire extinguisher in each yurt, the kitchen and at the fire safety points around the site (see map on rear of yurt door)
- Please take time to familiarise yourself with the site fire plan upon your arrival which is on the back of your door
- The entire site is non-smoking.
- Please treat the Yurts as you would your own home and always remove outdoor footwear before entering a yurt.
- You are responsible for your children at all times during your stay, whilst we try and make the site as safe and secure as possible there is the potential for harm
- Suffolk Yurt Holidays Limited will not be responsible for any Loss, Damage or Injury caused whilst using any of the facilities on site
- It is a condition of your booking that the total number of your party does not exceed 6 adults or 1 adults and up to 5 children (under 16 years) in total per yurt under any circumstance.
- In consideration of the other Guests, please leave the public areas in a clean and clear condition. Anything which does not fit into a Guest’s fridge or kitchen cupboards, will need to be kept in their Yurt in the plastic box provided to ensure any unwanted animal friends do not visit you.
- To do our bit for the environment we like to recycle where possible, there are segregated waste bins for Food waste, plastics & cardboards, bottles and general waste located in between the two facilities blocks
- You are expected to wash, dry and return your own dishes, cutlery etc to their original storage place and put your waste into one of the appropriate waste bins.
We hope you have a wonderful stay.
Covid-19 – Terms & Conditions Addendum (July 2021)
With the inception of the Coronavirus pandemic in early 2020 and subsequent changes this has made to our business model it has been necessary for us to make changes to our operational strategy to safeguard both ourselves, our staff and most importantly our guests. From our proposed re opening we have implemented the following changes and enhancements to our procedures at Suffolk Yurt Holidays which we hope will no impact on your enjoyment of you break with us and will give comfort to our guests in the knowledge that we are doing everything possible to prevent the spread of Covid-19
On the 19th July 2021 the country has moved into stage 4 thus meaning that all business will open up and will inevitably increase the number of infections. We as a company are managing that risk by continuing with our enhanced cleaning regime and maintaining our PPE policy during these changes. We are also adhering to a 2 day LFT testing regime for the owners and staff. Whilst we cannot insist you take a LFT test before you come and stay with us, it would be nice to have the piece of mind you do not have Covid-19 and therefore can not pass it on to anyone else.
- If you or any member of your group do show symptoms of Coronavirus within 7 days of visiting us then please do isolate at home and contact us directly via either telephone or email to re schedule your booking
- A copy of our terms and conditions including our revised Covid procedures will be sent to all guests prior to arrival which must be digitally signed and returned prior to arrival
- Upon arrival check in will be socially distanced and at which point you will be briefed on our procedures to allow our business to be Covid secure
- We reserve the right to carry out temperature checks to any persons showing symptoms of Coronavirus
- We have enhanced our cleaning regime to our Yurts to included full sanitisation and disinfectant fogging between guests, alcohol sanitiser and disinfectant wipe will also be provided in each Yurt for your comfort
- In our shared facilities we have enhanced our daily cleaning regimes to include full sanitisation with disinfectant fogging being carried out at regular intervals during the day
- Bathrooms have changed from male and female to family bathrooms and have a strict procedure to be followed when using which will displayed at the entry sanitisation point along with further anti-bacterial sprays and wipes within. We request that you only enter these when the sign shows it is free to promote social distancing and also maintain uppermost levels of cleanliness and hygiene when using these facilities including cleaning of all touch points upon exit to prevent any spread of the virus
- Shared kitchen we request this is only used by one family at a time and all surfaces and touch points to be cleaned once you have finished. Regular cleaning & fogging will take place during the day. All food is to be stored in your cupboards or discarded in the waste bins provided
- External eating areas have been reorganised to promote social distancing and must be cleaned after use by guests. Sanitisation points are located at the bar & kitchen for your use. Regular cleaning & fogging will take place during the day
- Social distancing is always to be maintained at the bar area, all bottles are cleaned prior to stocking the fridges when getting drinks, getting drinks, ice creams or using the coffee machine pleas sanitise your hands before and afterwards. Regular cleaning & fogging will take place during the day
- When using the play area, honesty shop / information area & play barn please maintain social distancing from other families. Regular cleaning and fogging will take place during the day but would ask you sanitise yourselves before and after use at the stations provided
- When using the fire pit please maintain social distancing from other families